January 13, 2009

Christmas with out a camera

So we got one picture of our Christmas tree before our camera died. And the sad thing is that the tree isn't even finished. But I must say that the picture doesn't do it justice. We went up to my father-in-law's property and cut our tree. When we first saw it we thought, "Oh, what a good lookin' tree, it's not too big but just right." Well then we cut it down and our thought was, "Well it's a little bigger than what we thought but it will work." Then we got it ready to put up on the car and then the thought came, "This tree is big!" We came home and set it up then reality hit and our tree was Massive! The picture that we have is after Mark trimmed off about 50 pounds. He took a lot off of the bottom and then the whole back side was gone just so the tree didn't take up the whole front room. And still with all the changes it was about 7 feet wide and about 10 feet tall. Our front room is a really good size but with that tree our front room looked like a smaller to normal size front room. We wanted a bigger tree for that reason but we didn't think that it would take up our whole front room almost. But I must say we Loved it! And I think that every year that we live in this house we will get a big tree. Maybe not this big, but big.

But again I am sad to inform you that our camera died on us before Christmas and we have no pictures of our Christmas. It's all just on our video cam. And I don't think I could post like 45 min of video on our blog. But we did have a nice Christmas. We had our tree full of presents and had a great time opening them. Roxy loved ripping the rapping paper and all that fun jazz! We had Christmas morning at our place then went down and spent the day in Montrose with Mark's family. We had so much fun and stayed tell 11:00 pm tell Mark decided he could leave. That was a long drive home. Even though it's only an hour it still seemed like a 2-3 hr. long drive. Well we woke up the next morning to head to UT for a quick trip. Thanks to my parents we had 2 wonderful Christmas experiences. Roxy loved all her toys and books and we love the new TV! Thanks again Mom, Dad and Tanner. We love it! But of cores what would the holidays be with out someone getting sick? Kade got the stomach flu that has been going around. We thought that we were safe but when we got home it hit Roxy first, then Mark and I couldn't escape it's wrath. So for the new year we had the stomach flu. Thank goodness it was just short lived and we all got over it. But over all we really had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year, and we hope that all of you did the same.

3 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

Yup, I would say that tree is beyond big. So pretty, though. Glad you had a good Christmas. I've been wanting to call you!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

That tree is HUGE! LOL I think it's safe to say that the stomach flu has hit EVERYONE! I don't know anyone that has completely escaped some form of it. Glad you are all feeling better. When are you due? Love you!

Clayton and Amber said...

Awesome tree. Hilarious that it went from the perfect size to...well, really big! I loved that story. And yes I agree with the above comment-the stomach flu came on in full wrath this season. It's stike is nasty! Boo for the stomach flu. Glad you are all doing better.