February 11, 2008

RSV

Well this past Friday I took Roxanne into the Doctor because she had a tempiture of 104 (which was really scary). So I took her in and Dr. Lamb said that she looked good but maybe just had a little cold and wanted to test for the flu and RSV which she said was going around really bad here in Grand Junction, but didn't think she had it. 15 min. later she came back saying that the test was positive for RSV and read the list of what to watch for before we needed to take her to the hospital. Mind you she told me that I would eventually have to take her but prayed that I wouldn't have to. It was hard to sit there and just listen as she told me the worst case scenario. I try to keep a positive attitude about it all but I can't help but to think of all the mothers that have lost their baby to this horrible virus. I know that we have a great advantage with her having a blessing and your prayers and faith but it is only natural as a mother to worry. If you could just keep her in your prayers that would be grately appreciated.

4 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

Oh I am sorry to hear that, we will be praying for you two and Roxy.

Kat and Steve said...

That dang RSV scares me to death and I hear it's extra bad this year. We'll keep her in our prayers and keep us posted!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Hey Tawni! I'm so sorry to hear that Roxy is sick and with RSV. I will pray for her and you and Mark. Love you guys! Mindy, Jacob, and Austin

Jocelyn said...

That is totally scary! Hopefully she will get over it. We were given the warning signs to watch Camden for not too long ago and we never had to take him to the ER, so hopefully you won't have to take Roxy either. We will remember your family in our prayers. How is she doing now, any better? Good luck!