February 26, 2008

Trip to Bountiful






Mark, Roxy and I headed to Bountiful this past weekend to get a lone for an explorer that we have purchased. On our way there we hit some pretty bad weather coming into Price and all the way through to Spanish Fork. At times it got really scary. Needless to say during that time of travel I didn't sleep. We saw, I think two cars off the road. Coming into Provo we stopped to see Mark's brothers Aaron and Ben and Ben's girlfriend Raquel. Aaron bought us dinner at the Creamery on 9th, which was amazing! (Thanks Aaron, your the Best!) Then we stopped by and saw Ben and Raquel. They couldn't believe how much she had grown. Then we finally got into Bountiful about 10:00 pm. Of cores every one was so excited to see Roxy. Then Saturday we had a good time running around town and in the evening Kat and Steve came up so I could cut Kat's hair. Mind you it looked so stinkin cute! I must say I do good work. Savanna and Roxy had a good time. Savanna was all about the ball and Roxy was all about Savanna. It was really good to see then, and we had a great time. Sunday came so quick, we went to church and I went to Young Women with my Mom because she was teaching the lesson and asked me to help with her with it. She did an amazing job by the way. A very good lesson about our personal worth and purpose on this earth. Kade's (my youngest brother) birthday was Monday so because we were there we kind of celebrated it on Sunday. We had a wonderful BBQ Rib dinner. The cousins came along with Grandma and Grandpa Great (we call them that because they are Roxy's great grandparents and they are great people). We had a very nice time, although we had to cut the party short and head out, trying to get over Solder Summit before dark but we had a few stops before we got to Spanish Fork. When we ran around town with my parents we got a present for Kade's birthday and left it in our car so Kade wouldn't see it. Well we took off with it. So before we hit Orem my dad called and asked if we could take it to Grammy and Papa's which I wanted to stop by and see them anyway, so it gave us a good reason to stop by. Then we forgot to give Aaron some cowboy boots that he wanted from Dave (my father-in-law) so we made a second stop by his apartment and saw Ben and Aaron one more time and meet Aaron's friend Brie. She was way cute and very nice. So... After all that we finally got up the summit. This time around it was worse than when we came. People were only going 30 to 20 mph. It was CRAZY! we saw at least 5 cars off the road. Needless to say I didn't sleep through that part of the drive either. It took us two hours to get form Spanish Fork to Price which only takes 45 min to and hour. Then we had to make a few pit stops along the way and we didn't get back home tell 11:30pm or so. It was a lot of driving for such a short trip but to me it was worth it. We did have a lot of fun and it was good to see family and friends once again.

P.S. I forgot to put that Roxy loves her uncle Kade and every time he played with her he got a great big kiss. The last picture is Roxy giving Kade a big kiss goodbye. It was soooo cute!

3 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

It was fun to see you guys. Thanks for making time for us and for the cute haircut! Glad you made it home safe.

Unknown said...

That's quite the trip! I'm glad you had so much fun though. I bet it's nice to be able to just drive a few hours and see family. I'm jealous of that. And I love your house! I'm so excited that you guys are living in your own home! I need to call you. And I will soon.

Magen said...

that's quite a trip and the pics. with Kade and roxy is cute by the way its me again kinleys freind and i know kade they both go to my school(valley view elementray). seeya