May 27, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise!

We all know that Roxy has been growing up so fast and some times it makes me miss that cuddly stage. Well about two-two in a half weeks ago we got a big surprise! Our little girl grew up just that much more when... she started to walk! If my little baby wasn't big enough she just had to go and add that to her list. She started out with a toy that we got her to walk around with and now she is all over the place. The thing that makes it so wonderful is that she knows that she can do something and I don't need to be right there with her. That can also lead to not so many good things. But I'm more of the cup is half full kind of girl. So we get a lot more done around the house. But I must say it is sad when she doesn't want me to hold her all the time! J/K It's nice. I still get the hugs every now and then but we can have fun on our own now and that is nice!





Roxy and her big smile!

Now that Roxy is a pro and going everywhere she thinks she can do anything and every thing. We went to Home Depot the other day and she wanted to get out and walk. I let her and I guess she thought that just because she can get out and walk she touch things like I do. So we were walking a long and I turned to look and something on another side, well some how Roxy managed to pull one of those huge ceramic planting pots on top of her. While she was going down I heard a big "oops" and "no no no". She didn't get hurt and after examining the pot I could only laugh. She knew that she had done wrong and chastised herself for it. Times like that I wish I had a camera stuck to my head.

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

YEAH for Roxanne!! How fun...life will never be the same now.

Kat and Steve said...

Way to go big girl! Yeah, life is never the same. Along with walking come more messes and more trouble!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

LOL, this made me laugh out loud because of her oops and no no no...so funny that she chastised herself. What a cutie! I can't believe she's walking already!

Ben and Anne said...

Way to go Roxy!! Lincoln is too chicken to walk without someone or a toy. Maybe by the time we come out this summer he will be walking and the two of you can run and play together.

Tiffany W said...

She's walking pretty early. She's one tough little girl. It's funny how we wait for things to happen (like walking), and then when it does you kind of miss how it was before.

Jodee Luke said...

Way to go Roxy!

Julie said...

Roxy is getting so big! Last time I saw her she was still a little baby! Hope to see you guys in July at G-Louine's 100th b-day!

Chelsey said...

Congratulations!!! Roxy is so cute. That is such a fun accomplishment.