January 25, 2009

Newest Addition

Our wait is over! Rhagen Elisabeth came into the world Tues the 20th at 2:11 p.m. Weighing in at 7lbs 7oz and 20 in long. Labor and delivery were both very quick. Mark and I showed up at the hospital around 7:30 (mind you with no contractions) and the Dr came in and gave me the pill around 9:00 a.m. and Rhagen was born just after 2:00. Mark and I had some good times listening to a few moans and groans and we were lucky enough to hear a natural child birth while waiting for our own room. We also had a fun trip down to the cafeteria to have breakfast. I did have an epidural but like Roxy it only worked on my left side, and by the time I got the epidural and was pushing they couldn't do much more for me. Big thanks to my mom for being my coach and helping me breath through those contractions or I wouldn't have been able to do it. Only pushing through 2-3 contractions Rhagen was here. Big thanks to all who were there Dr. King, my nurse, Mom and of course Mark. Shortly after having Rhagen, Roxy and Grandma Tobler came to see us. Oh and a Big thanks to Jeri for helping us out with Roxy and allowing my mom to be with us. Only wanted to stay one night we were able to come home Wed. My mom was able to stay all week and help us out. Rhagen and I are doing very well and just moving right along. Thanks again to all our family and friends for all your prays and love. We love you all and hope that it wont be too long before we see you again.

our little family
Roxy loves her baby sister Raggie

big smiles already


me and my girls



Our Rhagen




21 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

What a cutie! Congratulations. I'm glad everything went well!

Jodee Luke said...

oh my gosh that smiling baby picture is probably the cutest thing ever!!! congrats! we're so happy for you guys!

Ann-Marie said...

She is darling! Her smile is fabulous. Congratulations!!!

The Egan Family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

What a sweet baby! She looks so healthy and dang cute. Glad to hear everything went so well (except the epidural). We hope to see you guys and the new addition soon.

Unknown said...

Yay for baby #2! I'm happy for you both. Thanks for posting some pictures!

Kat and Steve said...

Congrats again. She is beautiful. Take care of yourself and keep the pictures comin' (in all your spare time).

mary plus vince said...

Tawni, she is BEAUTIFUL!! i love that smiling picture, so adorable. congrats to you and your cute little family!

Julie said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! It looks like Roxy already loves being a big sister. Rhagen is so adorable!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

CONGRATS!! LOVE the smiling pictures! can't belive you have another little redhead since you have such dark hair and Mark is blonde...so funny and rare!

Nate and Janie said...

She's very cute! I love the picture of her smiling - that's great!!

Anonymous said...

Congrads from the Lakin Family! Mark mom says to tell you hi and cute kids!!! Hope you are all doing well!

The Mortensen's said...

Not only are our daughters first names the same so are their middle names, the "S" in Elisabeth and everything! I don't blame you, it is so pretty!! :) She is a cutie. Enjoy

The Mortensen's said...

I know you weren't! It is not as bad as the girl in our ward who had her daughter the same day as I did and named here girl Reagan Elisabeth! luckily they were not blessed on the same day!

Clayton and Amber said...

What a cutie! I love the name! Congrats! Roxy looks so grown up now. How is she doing with sharing mommy and daddy?! Hope all continues to go well! We can't wait to see Raggie!

Chelsey said...

I LOVE that picture of Rheagan smiling. How cute! It sounds like labor went pretty fast. You are a real trooper to only have your epidural on the left side. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet cute Rheagan.

Chelsey said...

I got typing so fast, I didn't even pay attention to how I was spelling Rhagen. What a cute name, sorry for my misspelling!

Cody and Lindz said...

Congrats to you guys! She is totally adorable! Glad you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable, I'm so happy for the both of you. Ryan told me the exciting news awhile ago, but I was late on the congrats. You look so good in those pictures, you don't look like you just had a baby!

Nezhone said...

She's adorable! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Ann-Marie said...

Post more pictures!!! Oh, and I posted those craft instructions...